Application dedicated to presenting data from our various databases in a user friendly way. It consists of 2 Docker containers:
- backend: Go exposing a RESTful API with the Go native net/http and json libs + gorilla/mux for routing
- frontend: Nginx serving static Vue.js/axios/Vuetify.js
- user has to enter credentials in order to use the SPA
- user can select various interfaces on the left pane in order to retrieve data from various db tables
- user can decide either to only count results returned by db or get the full results
- if results returned by db are lightweight enough then they are returned by the API and displayed within the SPA app inside a nice data table. User can also decide to export it as CSV.
- if results are too heavyweight, then results are sent to user by email within a .zip archive
- as input criteria, the user can enter text or CSV files listing a big amount of criteria
- some user inputs are select lists whose values are loaded dynamically from db
I wrote this blog article in order to comment/explain the application.