🐞 Bug Reporting
Is it a bug?
GitHub Issues are for bugs only.
Examples of things that aren’t considered bugs:
- Can’t figure out how to do something
- Having issues accessing your server
- Can’t get the server installed
- I want a new widget in my site
- If your issue falls into one of these categories, please see Getting Support
New feature requests should be posted in the right issue template named Suggestions.
It is a bug!
Before reporting a new issue
- Read the Documentation carefully all the way through.
- In case of using JungleWP Solutions, Make sure you are running the latest version. It’s very likely simply updating will resolve your issue.
- Try to narrow it down to reproducible steps. If we can reproduce it, we will be able to fix the issue a lot quicker.
- Look at all of your browser logs for errors.
- Search Google using a few different search terms.
- Search the Issues for your bug. If you find it carefully check that it is identical and give it a thumbs up, or add some additional information to the ticket if it differs. This will help give us a fuller picture.
- If you got this far then report an issue
Reporting a new issue
- Giving clear background information will help save a lot of time.
Please include the following information in order to promote effective fixing.
- Operating System / Version / Architecture (64 bit?)
- Browser type and version, including any add-ons. (e.g. AdBlocker, NoScript, etc.)
- Current solution version
- Expected behavior
- Actual behavior
- Can the bug consistently be reproduced? If so, how?
- Relevant errors and other log output
- Screen shots as necessary