Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Third party Extensions
On this page, the JUnit community collects a list of third-party test engines and extensions.
Feel free to add your own!
JUnit Platform Test Engines
Engine authors may also add a minimal working example to the junit5-multiple-engines project.
JUnit Platform Build Support
- Junit-Reporter: HTML report plugin for Gradle or CLI.
- Android JUnit 5: Unit Testing with JUnit 5 for Android
JUnit Jupiter Extensions
SpringExtensionfor JUnit Jupiter support in the Spring TestContext Framework
MockitoExtension: Extension that initializes mocks and handles strict stubbings. This extension is the JUnit Jupiter equivalent of Mockito's
MockitoJUnitRunnerfor JUnit 4.
- Available in the
- Available in the
- MockKExtension: JUnit Jupiter extension for the Mock K mocking library for Kotlin
- SBT Jupiter Interface: Implementation of SBT's test interface for JUnit Jupiter
- CDI Test: Testing CDI Beans with JUnit 5.
- JPA Unit: Enables easy testing of JPA entities with an arbitrary JPA provider
selenium-jupiter: Extension for Selenium
WebDriver(also compatible with Appium)
- Database Rider: Adds support for DbUnit in JUnit Jupiter tests
- Rerunner-Jupiter: Re-run failed JUnit-Jupiter tests immediately
- Wiremock: Inject ready-to-use wiremock server in test methods
- wiremock-extension: use WireMock in JUnit 5 by annotating test classes and fields (also supports mocking multiple servers and custom configuration)
- mockito-rest-spring Mocking external services defined using Swagger/OpenAPI
- Kafka JUnit: For testing with a Kafka broker
- Kafka JUnit: Another library for testing with a Kafka broker
JUnit Extensions: JUnit Jupiter equivalents of some of the common JUnit 4 rules:
- JUnit Pioneer: JUnit 5 extension pack, pushing the frontiers on Jupiter.
- Jersey JUnit for testing JAX-RS and Jersey-based applications using the Jersey test framework
Unroll Extension for Kotlin: provide Spock-like
@Unrollsupport for Kotlin
- GreenMail: JUnit Jupiter support for GreenMail
- S3Mock: JUnit Jupiter Extension for running Adobes S3Mock from Unit Tests.
- Citrus Framework: Enable Citrus related dependency injection and parameter resolving
- XWiki Component Mocking: JUnit Jupiter extension to automatically inject mock components for @Inject fields, and more. See also the source code.
- Pact extension: JUnit Jupiter extension for consumer driven contract testing using Pact
- Samebug: JUnit Jupiter extension for Samebug