Project Jupyter Code of Conduct - Reporting Guide - Jupyter Events
You can make a personal report by:
Phone: Provided at beginning of your event. This phone number will be monitored for the duration of the event.
In Person: Contact a staff member. Staff members should be clearly identified in an event (for example, with special staff badges or shirts).
When taking a personal report, event staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. This can be uncomfortable, but we'll handle it respectfully and you can bring someone to support you.
Email: Send a message to email@example.com and/or a local organizer’s email (best to do both to ensure both prompt local response and that the regular committee is immediately in the loop).
Our team will help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support (which could include services and transportation as available), or otherwise respectfully assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event.
Contact information for the following will be provided per event:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or a local organizer
- Conference organizer mobile number
- Venue security
- Law enforcement
- Local sexual assault hot line
- Non-emergency medical (e.g., urgent care, day clinic)
At a Jupyter Event:
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
- Event organizers may take action to remedy or set right anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
You also have the option of following the reporting procedure for the online community found here. Just be aware the response and action may not be as prompt.