Contributing to repo2docker development
(And thank you particularly for coming to read the guidelines!
The repo2docker developer documentation is all rendered on our documentation website: https://repo2docker.readthedocs.io. If you're here, you're probably looking for the Contributing to repo2docker development page.
Please make sure you've read the following sections before opening an issue/pull request:
- Process for making a contribution.
- These steps talk you through choosing the right issue template (bug report or feature request) and making a change.
- Guidelines to getting a Pull Request merged.
- These are tips and tricks to help make your contribution as smooth as possible for you and for the repo2docker maintenance team.
There are a few other pages to highlight:
- Our roadmap
- We use the roadmap to develop a shared understanding of the project's vision and direction amongst the community of users, contributors, and maintainers. This is a great place to get a feel for what the maintainers are thinking about for the short, medium, and long term future of the project.
- Design of repo2docker
- This page explains some of the design principles behind repo2docker. Its a good place to understand why the team have made the decisions that they have along the way!
- We absolutely encourage discussion around refactoring, updating or extending repo2docker, but please make sure that you've understood this page before opening an issue to discuss the change you'd like to propose.
- Common developer tasks and how-tos
- Some notes on running tests, buildpack dependencies, creating a release, updating the changelog and keeping the pip files up to date.