This is the second in the JupyterLab Beta series of releases. It contains many enhancements, bugfixes, and refinements, including:
- Better handling of a corrupted or invalid state database (#3619, #3622, #3687, #4114).
- Fixing file dirty status indicator (#3652).
- New option for whether to autosave documents (#3734).
- More commands in the notebook context menu (#3770, #3909)
- Defensively checking for completion metadata from kernels (#3888)
- New "Shutdown all" button in the Running panel (#3764)
- Performance improvements wherein non-focused documents poll the server less (#3931)
- Changing the keyboard shortcut for singled-document-mode to something less easy to trigger (#3889)
- Performance improvements for rendering text streams, especially around progress bars (#4045).
- Canceling a "Restart Kernel" now functions correctly (#3703).
- Defer loading file contents until after the application has been restored (#4087).
- Ability to rotate, flip, and invert images in the image viewer (#4000)
- Major performance improvements for large CSV viewing (#3997).
- Always show the context menu in the file browser, even for an empty directory (#4264).
- Handle asynchronous comm messages in the services library more correctly (Note: this means
@jupyterlab/servicesis now at version 2.0!) (#4115).
- Display the kernel banner in the console when a kernel is restarted to mark the restart (#3663).
- Many tweaks to the UI, as well as better error handling.