A JupyterLab extension for reviewing pull requests
- JupyterLab 1.0+
- Open the pull request extension from the tab on the left panel
1. Install the extension with the following steps
jupyter labextension install @jupyterlab/pullrequests pip install --upgrade jupyterlab-pullrequests jupyter serverextension enable --py jupyterlab_pullrequests
2. Getting your access token from GitHub
You can get an access token by following these steps:
- Verify your email address with GitHub.
- Go to your account settings on GitHub and select "Developer Settings" from the left panel.
- On the left, select "Personal access tokens"
- Click the "Generate new token" button, and enter your password.
- Give the token a description, and check the "repo" scope box.
- Click "Generate token"
- You should be given a string which will be your access token.
Remember that this token is effectively a password for your GitHub account. Do not share it online or check the token into version control, as people can use it to access all of your data on GitHub.
3. Setting your access token in JupyterLab Pull Requests
You now need to add the credentials you got from GitHub to your notebook configuration file. Instructions for generating a configuration file can be found here. Once you have identified this file, add the following lines to it:
c.GitHubConfig.access_token = '<YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN>'
<YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN>" is the string value you obtained above.
Congrats, you did it! Launch JupyterLab and look for the Pull Request tab on the left!
If you would like to contribute to the project, please read our contributor documentation.
JupyterLab follows the official Jupyter Code of Conduct.
For a development install, do the following in the repository directory:
# Install dependencies jlpm install # Build Typescript source jlpm run build # Link your development version of the extension with JupyterLab jupyter labextension link . # Rebuild Typescript source after making changes jlpm run build
pip install . jupyter serverextension enable --py jupyterlab_pullrequests
To rebuild the package and the JupyterLab app:
jlpm run build jupyter lab build