This script has been ported to Ubuntu 12.04. It will:
- download the Ubuntu 12.04 alternate server (torrent), 64bit iso
- ... do some magic to turn it into a vagrant box file
- output package.box
$ sudo ./build.sh
This should do everything you need. If you don't have you must
sudo apt-get install transmission-cli
if not. Likewise,
file-roller (which should be installed by default with
sudo apt-get install file-roller then:
"Let's do it all on my Ubuntu PC, I said."
Standing on the shoulder's of giants (thanks Carl & Ben) - I have
bash script to work on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin).
I also modified to download via torrent instead of slow HTTP.
Forked Carl's repo, and it sort of worked out of the box. Tweaked office 12.04 release:
- Downloading 12.04 final release. (Today as of this writing)
- Checking MD5 to make sure it is the right version
- Added a few more checks for external dependencies, mkisofs
- Removed wget, and used curl to reduce dependencies
- Added more output to see what is going on
- Still designed to work on Mac OS X :) ... though it should work for Linux systems too (maybe w/ a bit of porting)
Decided I wanted to learn how to make a vagrant base box.
Let's target Precise Pangolin since it should be releasing soon, I said.
Let's automate everything, I said.
Let's do it all on my macbook, I said.