WordPress Database migration (string replacement) script
When you move WordPress to another host you usually need to update database with new URLs inside a lot of pages. Such URLs can be placed inside serialized strings, BLOBs or objects. This is a tool to simplify string replace operations across the whole WordPress database or specific tables.
- Download latest stable tag.
- Find the file
/build/wp-host-update.phpand copy it to your folder with WordPress installation.
- Backup your database!
- Open in your browser
http://domain.com/optional/path/to/wordpress/wp-host-update.php(replace with your WordPress URL at the beginning)
- Follow the instructions in your browser.
- If everything was fine - remove script from production server!
(In case of fail - use your backup to restore the database and try one more time)
Repository has 2 parts:
- The script source files inside
/app/folder. These super simple MVC/OOP scripts which process page requests and views render.
- In the root folder you can find
builder.phpfile. This one is used to collect all "app" into one single script and compress it a bit to minimize file size.
- Version 2.1202.*
- Added new option to run "light weight" replace. It skips numeric fields and some special fields like dates, meta_keys etc.
- Added support for run queries in blocks to prevent memory limit on tables with too many rows
- Version 2.1201.*
- Reset time limit to prevent script to be blocked by timeout
- Version 2
- Convert all fields in all tables.
- Simple MVC framework with minimizer/builder.