Extended synonymn files for ExLibris Primo
Note: these synonymns are additional ones, seperate from the eng_Synonynms file that comes with Primo
- Extend the default Primo synonym files to cover British English (en_GB, en_AU, en_NZ, en_CA, etc..)
- Currently primo only 2 way synonym search for very common US/UK English words like 'color' and 'colour'
- Meaning if you search for either colour or color you will see the same results
- But it you search for other normal US/UK works it wont work
- if you search for 'behaviour' it will NOT show results for 'behavior'
- if you search for 'behavior' it will show results for 'behaviour'
- This repository of UK/US synonyms means that your primo can now do 2 way synonym search for hundreds of other synonymns
- if you search for 'behaviour' it WILL show results for 'behavior'
- if you search for 'behavior' it WILL show results for 'behaviour'
- I needed to boost/add/modify to the standard synonyms
How to implement in Primo
english_userSynonyms.txt to the Primo synonyms directory at
ng/jaguar/home/profile/analysis/sysnonyms/userSynonyms and then execute a Deploy All in the Primo Back Office
You can add new synonyms into the custom_synonyms.txt file in the Primo format - such as
connection = connexion (very high) connexion = connection (very high)
Refer the Primo Techinlca Guide for more info on ranking synonyms etc..
How to run
You will then be asked
Do you want to include the British English synonyms file? (y/n)
If you enter 'y' to this question, it will use the english_userSynonyms.txt file included
Then it will ask if you for your custom synonyms file
Please enter a file name of your custom synonyms file, default is custom_synonyms.txt
If you leave this blank it will use the custom_synonyms.txt file
The script will now merge the english_userSynonyms.txt with the custom_synonyms.txtfile and save it as userSynonyms
To immplement this in Primo - copy the userSynonyms file to ng/jaguar/home/profile/analysis/sysnonyms/userSynonyms and to a Deploy All in primo