Prevent Password Reset
Prevents password reset for select users via the WordPress "lost password" form. This plugin adds a checkbox to each user's profile in the admin. If selected, it prevents the user's password from being reset. If a user selects to prevent their password from being reset, no one can try to reset the password. It stops it completely.
Things to keep in mind:
- If you lose your password, you won't be able to reset it either unless you remove the plugin via FTP, go into the database, or have an administrator on the site change your password.
- This plugin does not disable the ability to edit/change a password from the user profile page. It merely blocks password resetting from the "lost password" form.
- Changed license from GPL v2-only to GPL v2+.
- Added plugin row meta for the plugin.
- Dropped the MO and PO files in favor of a POT file for translators.
- Added a
readme.mdfile since this plugin is now on GitHub.
- Updated this
- Updated this plugin for the mere purpose of updating. WordPress.org has created a stigma around plugins that don't get updates every so often by putting a big warning box at the top of the plugin's page. Basically, it's telling users to beware! Of course, this is just ridiculous, particularly when talking about a plugin that most likely will never need an update (like this one). Some plugins are simply "set and forget" forever. But, because of how WordPress.org treats these types of plugins, lumping them into a "bad plugin" pool with plugins that actually do need updates, I'm forced to create a rather useless update to this plugin. Update if you wish; it's not actually necessary. It's just necessary for me to update the plugin in order for it to not be de-listed from the WordPress.org search results. Good day.
- Plugin launch. Everything's new!
If you need professional plugin support from me, the plugin author, you can access the support forums at Theme Hybrid, which is a professional WordPress help/support site where I handle support for all my plugins and themes for a community of 40,000+ users (and growing).
Copyright and License
This project is licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later.
2012 – 2013 © Justin Tadlock.