Mobile Developer News (iOS, Android) written in Kotlin
This is a personal project for me to better keep up with mobile news. Instead of having to go to x million sites, I have the news sources all in one app.
Open the Android project file in Android Studio or Eclipse with Android Development Tools. Then clean, build and run on a device or emulator.
Android Studio or Eclipse with Android Development Tools.
- Open the project in Android Studio or Eclipse
- Clean and build the project
- Use the 'Play' (>) button to launch the app on a device or emulator
Installing & Deployment
- You can run the app in an Android emulator from Android Studio or
- You can connect a Developer Mode enabled Android device via USB cable to your computer and run the app on the device.
- When the app is started, you can select Android or iOS news.
- After selecting the mobile platform, you see a list of news sources. Press on the desired news source.
- Finally, you get a list of articles that the RSS source published. When you click on the article, it opens to display the content. NOTE: Since these are RSS feeds, sometimes you need to click on a link to see the full article. The link will open in the device default browser.
Looking for contributers to help improve the app. A couple of ideas:
- Add RSS feeds for additional platforms and cross-platform tools (e.g. Xamarin, Windows)
- Load RSS feed JSON remotely from GitHub
- Improve article viewer. Instead of an AlertDialog open an Activity full page.
Christian Scheid - (https://justmobiledev.com)[https://justmobiledev.com]
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details