MXE (M cross environment)
MXE (M cross environment) is a Makefile that compiles a cross compiler and cross compiles many free libraries such as SDL and Qt. Thus, it provides a nice cross compiling environment for various target platforms, which:
- is designed to run on any Unix system
- is easy to adapt and to extend
- builds many free libraries in addition to the cross compiler
- can also build just a subset of the packages, and automatically builds their dependencies
- downloads all needed packages and verifies them by their checksums
- is able to update the version numbers of all packages automatically
- directly uses source packages, thus ensuring the whole build mechanism is transparent
- allows inter-package and intra-package parallel builds whenever possible
- integrates well with autotools, cmake, qmake, and hand-written makefiles.
- has been in continuous development since 2007 and is used by several projects
- Runtime: MinGW-w64
- Host Triplet:
Please see mxe.cc for further information and package support matrix.