This is a plugin that renders diagrams from your selection in Sublime Text 2 or 3.
By default, it binds the (Command / Alt)-M key and registers a command on the Command Palette. Simple select the text for your diagram and trigger the command. Multiselections are allowed. Each diagram will be generated in a uniquely named file.
If a diagram handler recognizes a diagram in the selection, it will render it and pop it up in a detected viewer. Files are rendered into the same directory as the source file as Portable Network Graphic files. They will be automatically overwritten, but not removed.
If you wish to override the viewer used, disable start-time sanity checks, or change the default character set for diagram files, create a user version of Diagram.sublime-settings file in the usual way.
To install from scratch, it's necessary to have:
- Java (download from java.sun.com) (brew cask install java)
- Graphviz (I recommend "homebrew" on the Mac)
- Sublime Text 2 or 3
To install, just put a checkout of this project into your Packages directory in Sublime Text.
Operating Systems: MacOS X, Linux, Windows (with default system viewer) Diagram Types: PlantUML Viewers (in order of preference):
- MacOS X Preview
- MacOS X QuickLook
- Eye of Gnome
Patches to support additional viewers or diagrams are welcome.
Check out the source directory or download and uncompress the source tarball. Put this directoy in the Packages directory for your platform.
On Linux, it's sometimes "
On MacOS X, it's "/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/".
Sublime Text should detect the plugin and automatically load it.
The source is available via git at:
Or as a tarball at:
Component Diagram 1
Component Diagram 2
Special thanks to all of those who have contributed code and feedback, including:
- Tobias Bielohlawek (Syntax Highlighting Support)
- Julian Godesa (UX Feedback)
- Seán Labastille (Preview Support, Multi-Diagram Support)
- Kirk Strauser (Python 3 / SublimeText 3 Support)
- Stanislav Vitko (PlantUML Updates)
- Constantine ? (Windows Viewer, Charset Support, Image Size Tweaks, Output Selection Support, Various Other Fixes)
- Marcelo Da Cruz Pinto (Windows Viewer)
- Peter Ertel (PEP8 Cleanup, Windows Improvements)
- Juan Cabrera (Version Updates)
- Alexey Shashev (ST3 Plugin Loading Fixes)
- Riley Wood (PlantUML Updates)
- Ben Hardill (ST3 Native PNG Viewer)
- Maksim Chartkou (File Naming Stability Improvements)
- Timothy Zhang (File Include Support)
- Way Wang (Python 3 Correctness Patch)