Binary Codable provides Swift Codable-like interfaces for converting types to and from binary representations.
Binary Codable is optimized for reading and writing blocks of binary data as a stream of bytes. This makes Binary Codable useful for network protocols, binary file formats, and other forms of tightly-packed binary information.
This is not an official Google product.
- Known usage in the wild
- Supported technologies
- Encode from Swift types to
- Decode from
Datato Swift types.
- Efficiently encode/decode large blocks of arbitrary data.
- Lazy decoding (read bytes from a source only as they're needed).
- Encode and decode fixed-width integer types.
- Encode and decode strings with or without terminators.
- Cap decoding containers to a maximum length.
Known usage in the wild
- BinaryCookies: Read and write Apple's .binarycookies files.
- MySqlConnector: A pure Swift implementation of the MySql client/server protocol.
- Swift 4.2.2+
- iOS 12.0+ / macOS 10.12+
- Xcode 10.1+
- Ubuntu 16.04
BinaryCodable is released under the Apache 2.0 license. See LICENSE for more details.