Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Add --one-file-system option.
- Removed SSD scan implementation.
This is unfortunate as it is faster than the HDD scan in some
scenarios. However, it can also be much slower. More importantly,
keeping both was becoming too much of a maintenance burden.
- Deprecated several options. These are likely to be removed in 2.0:
- Test cleanup
Ignore tests which fail as root if run as root.
Clean tmp files from another test (in case it had failed).
- Updated included xxhash.
- Some stats cleanup, not enough.
- Revive 32 bit support (github #21).
- Statically regenerate embedded man page (github #18).
- Try for a more universal cleanup in test.49 (github #19).
- For release builds, set GITHASH to the release instead.
* Made --hdd mode the default. * Added an --ssd option to select SSD mode. * Added xxHash as an hash function and made it the default. * --hardlink-is-unique no longer forces --hdd mode. * Support for limiting read buffer allocation during scan. * Allow setting verbosity level directly with -V. * Deprecated the --uniques option, it hasn't been useful. * Deprecated the --nodb option, it goes against the dupd way. * Deprecated the --intblocks option, no longer relevant. * Deprecated the --file-count option, not needed. * Various performance improvements. * Minor stats and reporting cleanup. * Add support for building on FreeBSD. * Although not user-visible (ideally), this release contains substantial code refactoring of several subsystems. Test carefully.
- Version 1.5
- --hardlink-is-unique now forces HDD mode (implies --hdd).
- dupd no longer depends on libbloom.
- Some performance improvements.
- Logging/reporting cleanup and changes.
- Deprecated --no-thread-hash scan option, no longer relevant.
* Version 1.4 * Added HDD mode for much better performance on hard drives. * Added 'refresh' operation to remove deleted files from database. * Added -I|--hardlink-is-unique to ignore hard link duplicates. * Allow --path value to be relative to current directory. * Added more documentation and a man page. * Added support for CSV and JSON report formats. * Added 'validate' operation. * Some reduction in RAM consumption. * Added multithreaded support. * OpenBSD build support. * Deprecated --pathsep option as it should not be needed anymore. * Warn if db seems too old. * Added support for additional hash choices (SHA1, SHA512)
Fix handling of --uniques scan option.
Add --hidden option to enable scanning hidden files and directories.
Verify db version against dupd version, warn on mismatch.
Small performance improvement.
100% code coverage by test suite.
Release 1.2 - see ChangeLog