Building my conference site from scratch
Create a new site by running:
hugo new site my-conf cd my-conf git clone https://github.com/jweslley/hugo-conference themes/hugo-conference rm -f config.toml cp themes/hugo-conference/exampleSite/config.yml .
It's done. Just start Hugo server to see it live!
hugo server --watch
Customizing the site
All the site information can be found in the
config.yml file. Just edit it to make changes.
By default, the site have the following sections:
- About - to describe what's the main goal of your event.
- Location - to show where it's going to happen through Google Maps.
- Speakers - to list information about speakers.
- Schedule - to show the agenda.
- Sponsors - to show the brand of your sponsors.
- Partners - to show the brand of your partners.
Ps: It's important to change the
baseurl property from
config.yml file in order to reflect your settings.
GoogleMapsKey param in the
MIT, see LICENSE.