HoRNDIS(the USB tethering driver for Mac OS X)
HoRNDIS (pronounce: "horrendous") is a driver for Mac OS X that allows you to use your Android phone's native USB tethering mode to get Internet access.
For more information, visit the home page for HoRNDIS on my site.
- Get the installation package (Download[^download_footer] or Build the installation package from source yourself)
- Run the installation package
- Assuming that the installation proceeds without errors, after it completes, connect your phone to your Mac by USB.
- Enter the settings menu on your phone.
- In the connections section, below Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, select “More...”. Select “Tethering & portable hotspot”.
- Check the “USB tethering” box. It should flash once, and then become solidly checked.
- Delete the
- Restart your computer
Building the source
git clonethe repository
- Simply running xcodebuild in the checkout directory should be sufficient to build the kext.
- If you wish to package it up, you can run
maketo assemble the package in the build/ directory
[^download_footer]: To download the installation package, please visit