fast tamale pie
This is a modified version of the Instant Tamale Pie recipe found in Moosewood Restaurant New Classics, which I would highly recommend purchasing. I use a 9.5x13.5x2 inch glass baking dish. 20 minute prep, 30 minute cook.
18 ozprecooked polenta. Lately I have been purchasing from the Food Merchants brand.
15 ozcan of Kuner Jalapeno Black Beans with Lime Juice
1 cupred salsa. I like to go with a dark flavored red salsa. Example: Frontera Chipotle Salsa.
1 cupfrozen corn
1.5 cupsgrated cheese
- Remove polenta sheath. Slice
0.25 inchthick; this is slightly less than the width of my pinky.
- Lay polenta slices, slightly overlapping, in glass baking dish.
- Mix everything else up, except for the grated cheese, and spread mixture over polenta layer.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of first two layers.
- Cook at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to cool.