ytt (YAML Templating Tool)
ytt is a templating tool that understands YAML structure allowing you to focus on your data instead of how to properly escape it.
- templating works on YAML structure (instead of text)
- eliminates variety of problems such as invalid YAML formatting, escaping, etc.
- syntactic sugar for single YAML node conditionals and for loops
- makes it easier to read densely conditioned templated
- templates are themselves valid YAML files
- makes them friendly to existing editors and YAML tools
- includes sandboxed "fully featured" Pythonic programming language
- compared to what's exposed in go/template for example
- ytt vs X: How ytt is different from other tools / frameworks
- Blog posts
- Introducing the YAML Templating Tool (ytt) on IBM Developer podcast
Grab prebuilt binaries from the Releases page.
ytt -f examples/playground/example-demo/ ytt -f examples/playground/example-demo/ --output tmp/
./hack/build.sh ./hack/test-unit.sh ./hack/test-e2e.sh ./hack/test-all.sh