- Author: Felix Sterzelmaier
- Version 0.8.6
- Date: 19. October 2017
- Github Page: http://k3x.github.io/VoteMPD/
- Github Code: https://github.com/k3x/VoteMPD
- Github Git URL: https://github.com/k3x/VoteMPD.git
VoteMPD allows your party guests to fill the queue of your MusicPlayerDaemon. Just run this Script on a server and make it availiable over wifi. See also: http://getfestify.com
- Scan Filesystem and fill id3 information into database
- Scan m3u playlists ans fill information into database
- Allow users to vote for songs via a mobile friendly webpage
- MPD queue is filled with highest voted songs
- Delete own votes
- Show highscore
- Upload/Download mp3 files
- mpd/php daemon needs reading rights to files
- upload folder has to be writeable for php daemon
- sudo apt-get install php7.0 php7.0-cli php7.0-json php7.0-mysql apache2 mysql-server mpd alsa-base
- php shell exec has to be eneabled; php.ini: file_uploads = On,post_max_size = 100M,upload_max_filesize = 100M
- configure /etc/mpd.conf (music library and audio autput, mixer_type "software")
- sudo service mpd restart
- let mpd rescan the database. For example: on a client: sudo apt-get install gmpc; run gmpc; connect to mpd; do Server -> Update MPD Database
- Create new mysql database and configure "includes/settings.php" (copy from dist/settings.php). Enter your mpd connection infos and also enter the same "path" like you configured for mpd.
- import dist/votempd.sql in the created mysql database.
- run "php daemon.php -f" and run "php daemon.php -p" (this command does NOT delete old database enties. On rescan truncate files,folders,playlistitems,playlog,voteforskip,votes)
- Let your Apache "/" point to the root folder (the folder with index.html)
- in console run: php daemon.php
- $GLOBALS["path"]: absolute path to your music library. Has to be the same like you configured in your mpd.conf. Example: "/home/k3x/music"
- $GLOBALS["pathplaylists"]: relative path to your playlistfolder inside $GLOBALS["path"]. Example: "playlists"
- $GLOBALS["pathuploads"]: relative path to your uploadsfolder inside $GLOBALS["path"]. Example: "uploads"
- $GLOBALS["defaultplaylist"]: name of your default playlist (without ".m3u"). The playlist uses the databasetable "playlistitems" so this playlist hast to be scanned before using the command "php daemon.php -p". Example: "charts_2015"
- $GLOBALS["voteskipcount"]: Integer. If this amount of users voted to skip the song it is skipped. Example: 2
Sample folderstructure for examples in settings.php
/ |-home |-k3x |-music |-playlists |-charts_2015.m3u |-uploads |-ACDC |-Back in Black.mp3 |-Creedence Clearwater Revival |-Proud Mary.mp3
In this example a valid entry in the playlist would be: "ACDC/Back in Black.mp3"
- Errors are always in english
- If you want the interface to be english instead of german: ** Delete index.html and rename index_en.html to index.html. ** in script.js.php, line 26: $language = "en";
Further information / find errors
- if you configured mpd to use alsa and you can not hear music check "alsamixer". Also check that no channel is muted.
- ncmpc is a commandline mpd client
- for uploading files your folder has to be writeable
- if you want the daemon to start on every boot maybe the systemd script dist/votempd.service will help you.
- sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/votempd.service
- sudo systemctl daemon-reload
- sudo systemctl start votempd.service
- systemctl status votempd.service
Faster Boot without Ethernet
a) Let apache not wait for ethernet on boot (only wifi)
- sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/network-online.target.wants/ifup-wait-all-auto.service
- for i in $(echo "wlp1s0"); do INTERFACES="$INTERFACES$i "; done; \
b) change in /etc/network/interfaces
auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp
allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp
create WIFI Hotspot (Accesspoint/AP/Master Mode)
- sudo apt-get install hostapd
- sudo nano /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf (see dist/etc-hostapd-hostapd.conf)
- sudo nano /etc/default/hostapd => DAEMON_CONF="/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf"
network, DNS and DHCP
- configure your wifi connection to a static ip. (see dist(etc-network-interfaces)
- sudo apt-get install dnsmasq
- sudo nano /etc/dnsmasq.conf (dhcp-range,listen-address,interface,address) (see dist/dnsmasq.conf)
- sudo service dnsmasq restart
- .m3u playlists with one song per line. Linebreaks: \x0D\x0A Charset: UTF-8 (with Byte Order Mark (BOM), so files start with \xEF\xBB\xBF)
- Paths have to be relative to your root dir. For example: "somedir/somefile.mp3" (without quotes)
- phpMp3 (for MPD communication) http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmp3
- getID3 (for getting id3 tags) http://getid3.sourceforge.net
VoteMPD is free software. It is released under the terms of the following BSD License.
Copyright © 2015 by Felix 'K3X' Sterzelmaier
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of VoteMPD nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.