TabPy (the Tableau Python Server) is an external service implementation which expands Tableau's capabilities by allowing users to execute Python scripts and saved functions via Tableau's table calculations.
Consider reading TabPy documentation in the following order:
- About TabPy
- TabPy Installation Instructions
- TabPy Server Configuration Instructions
- Running TabPy in Python Virtual Environment
- Authoring Python calculations in Tableau.
- TabPy Tools
More technical topics:
Other useful resources:
- For all questions not related to the TabPy code (installation, deployment, connections, Python issues, etc.) and requests use the External Services Forum on Tableau Community.
- Building advanced analytics applications with TabPy
- Building Data Science Applications with TabPy Video Tutorial
- TabPy Tutorial on TabWiki