KADAS Albireo is a mapping application based on QGIS and targeted at non-specialized users, providing enhanced functionalities in areas such as drawing, measuring, terrain analysis, etc.
- Streamlined user interface
- Redlining functionality for adding geometries, pins, georeferenced pictures and other symbols
- Measurement tools, incl. geodetic measurements.
- Terrain analysis: slope, hillshade, viewshed, line of sight
- Numeric inputs for all drawing operations
- Integrated GPS geolocation support and GPX waypoint and route editor
- Multiple map views
- 3D globe view
- Advanced map grids, including UTM/MGRS and guide grids
- Tightly integrated search functionality
- Integrated geodata catalog
- Online-/Offline detection with online-/offline project templates
- User friendly printing
- KML and GPKG data export and import
- Support for the MSS-MilX Military-Symbols library from gs-soft
- From the releases page.
- Download and extract the latest
kadas-portable-win64.zipportable build from the releases page.
- Read the technical manual to learn how to configure the application.
- Note: To be able to use the terrain analysis functions, a heightmap needs to be defined in the project. The portable build contains a sample project which references a 1km resolution SRTM model. You can use any other model by adding the corresponding layer to the project, and marking it as heightmap from its context menu in the layer tree.
Lines, circles, angles, areas:
Geodectic distance measurement:
Geodectic radius with real-time display:
Line of Sight calculations:
More tools like hillshade and viewshed analysis are available as well.
This software is commercially supported by Sourcepole, Switzerland. To get more information, please contact qgis at sourcepole.com.