- Uses HTML offline feature
- Authentication free, using http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/user_timeline
- Aims to suck less by keeping lines of code low
- Encourage folks to use
fetch-tweets.shthemselves and get into shell ;)
- Dependencies: curl, libhtml-parser-perl (to decode HTML entities), xmlstarlet, coreutils, PHP
- Look and feel mostly by http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap
- Please review and comment on the code!
- API only allows 3200 tweets to be downloaded this way :((
- 150 API limit on the server ... (so clone it and use it yourself!)
- Won't work on protected accounts (duh!)
- No @mentions or DMs from other accounts
Shell script feedback on the Web works by disabling Apache's mod_deflate !
There is a problem whereby if the page is killed whilst fetching, the lock isn't cleared then and there because
trap does not seem to work.
Make sure your httpd does utf8 all the time: