External projects, libraries and stuff
Page for keeping track of all the external libraries, plugins and integrations created to support or enhance KairosDB
- Carbon protocol plugin for KairosDB
- Kafka reader - reads metrics from a kafka queue
- RabbitMQ reader - reads from RabbitMQ
- RabbitMQ reader #2
- Trident KairosDB State - Trident State Implementation for KairosDB and trident-kairosdb-plugin - KairosDB Plugin for Storm-Trident Custom Data Types
- Riemann protobuf input for KairosDB
- Scylla - Fast Cassandra implementation in C that efficiently uses processing power of large multi core machines.
- YugaByte - If you took the best of Cassandra and merged it with the best of HBase that is what you get with YugaByte. Api compatible with Cassandra and Redis.
- Elassandra - Elastic search indexes built into Cassandra.
- Yammer metrics library plugin for KairosDB
- Python client old - seems abandond
- Python client new
- Java Client
- node.js KairosDB client
- PHP Client
- Client examples in Python
- Golang client
- TCollector - collects system stats - uses telnet protocol
- Collectd plugin for KairosDB - uses telnet or http protocol
- Collectd write_http plugin - supports a Kairos format
- Metrics plugin - send data from the Metrics Java Library to KairosDB
- Fullerite - System metric collection framework, built in Kairos support
- Grafana - A plugin for KairosDB exists (see below)
- KairosDB datasource for Grafana dashboard - combine the awesome Grafana dashboard with the power of KairosDB
- facette.io - A connector for KairosDB exists
- Keen dashboard templates
Business Intelligence & Reporting
- KairosDB datasource plugin for BIRT business Intelligence & reporting tool - use data from KairosDB within regular BI reports and executive dashboards. It includes parametrized time range (in natural language thanks to natty) and tags.
Papers about KairosDB
- Scalability and robustness of TS databases, T. Goldschmidt et al.
- The Automation Cloud - Presentation related to the paper by T. Goldschmidt
- OPENSDM – AN OPEN SENSOR DATA MANAGEMENT TOOL
- Redefining Power Distribution - Doesn't mention KairosDB in the text but the diagram shows Kairos being used.
External projects that don't fit anywhere else
- tscached - A kick butt cache that sits in front of KiarosDB, makes dashboards load 10 - 100 times faster. Presentation done at SF Python user group
- ZMon - A monitor alerting infrastructure build around KairosDB.
- Time Window Compaction Strategy - Looks like a better strategy for compacting Kairos data.
- SASI - Extension for Cassandra that indexes SSTables.
- Stratio cassandra-lucene-index - Plugin for Cassandra that enables lucene indexes on tables.