Git-GUI is Windows only graphical user interface for Git source code management.
Please note: Git-GUI is not ready yet -- i.e. it's an alpha version that does not support everything you need. I'm working on it to make it a stable product.
Do I need the official Git installed on my computer?
No. Git-GUI is standalone, it does not need Git installation.
Does Git-GUI have something to do with the official Git built-in tool called git-gui (
git gui on command line)?
No. Git-GUI is a software written by me (Kai Sellgren) as a hobby project.
How does it look like?
Remember: heavily work in progress!
What do I need to run it?
- Windows. Right now you need Windows Vista/7/8 with Aero, but the final product will also work on XP, and even without Aero.
- You need to have .NET framework 4.0 runtime installed/updated. Windows Update will do that for you if it does not have already.
I aim to make a complete product that features the majority of Git functionality including from basic stuff to Stashes, Remotes and Bisects.
So you want to fix a bug or add a feature? Or perhaps you just want to try it out? Here's what you need to do:
- Install .NET Framework 4.5 or newer.
- Install Visual Studio 2011 Beta or newer.
- Install Nuget for Visual Studio (it's a package manager).
- Restart Visual Studio.
- Install LibGit2Sharp via NuGet:
- Install Microsoft.Windows.Shell via NuGet:
- Restart Visual Studio or reload the project.
- Press F5.