This is a library that wraps calls from applications that user older Oculus VR SDK versions to a supported version (1.3). Currently 0.7 and 0.8 wrapping is supported but more versions will be added.
Help is welcome. My c++ skills are rusty and I don't have time to support this very well.
Tested to be working:
- Most of the SDK samples
- Surge 1.2.2
To developers: Please do not just use this to bring 1.3 support to your program. Native 1.3 support is always better.
Extract to a folder. Copy the dll files to where the wanted application sees them.
To install globally:
Copy LibOVRRT32XXXX.dll to c:\windows\syswow64
Copy LibOVRRT64XXXX.dll to c:\windows\system32
Or run the install .bat file as administrator to do it for you.
To-Do List, in decreasing priority
- 0.5 support
- OpenGL support
- (Small) performance hit due to SDK changes that need workarounds
- Probably no extended mode support ever
- Highly likely no dx9 support ever
- Smaller SDK details that are not possible anymore:
- Maximum layer count is 16 instead of 32
- Some layer types are not supported anymore
Open and build LibOVRWrapper.sln in Visual Studio 2015
The Oculus VR SDK is licensed under the Oculus VR, LLC Software Development Kit License Agreement. See the latest version at https://developer.oculus.com/licenses/sdk-3.4/.