Kaldi Speech Recognition Toolkit
To build the toolkit: see
./INSTALL. These instructions are valid for UNIX
systems including various flavors of Linux; Darwin; and Cygwin (has not been
tested on more "exotic" varieties of UNIX). For Windows installation
instructions (excluding Cygwin), see
To run the example system builds, see
If you encounter problems (and you probably will), please do not hesitate to contact the developers (see below). In addition to specific questions, please let us know if there are specific aspects of the project that you feel could be improved, that you find confusing, etc., and which missing features you most wish it had.
Kaldi information channels
For HOT news about Kaldi see the project site.
- Info about the project, description of techniques, tutorial for C++ coding.
- Doxygen reference of the C++ code.
We have two different lists
- User list kaldi-help
- Developer list kaldi-developers:
To sign up to any of those mailing lists, go to http://kaldi-asr.org/forums.html:
Development pattern for contributors
- Create a personal fork of the main Kaldi repository in GitHub.
- Make your changes in a named branch different from
master, e.g. you create a branch
- Generate a pull request through the Web interface of GitHub.
- As a general rule, please follow Google C++ Style Guide. There are a few exceptions in Kaldi. You can use the Google's cpplint.py to verify that your code is free of basic mistakes.
Platform specific notes
PowerPC 64bits little-endian (ppc64le):