This project has the aspiration of providing a way to explore and learn about HyperMedia APIs and clients for those APIs.
The inspiration comes from the International Aerial Robotics Competition where the goal is for autonomous robot to accomplish a goal in a set period of time. The twist is that in this case the robot is only a program.
Provide a HyperMedia API for individuals to test their HyperMedia API Client bot against, to help in learning about consuming these types of APIs.
- Create a simple HyperMedia API to play the role of a maze
- Create a "bot" that is capable of mapping a HyperMedia API
- Add a "token" into a HyperMedia API to be searched for
- Create a "bot" that can find a path to a defined "token"
- Create more complex HyperMedia APIs to be searched
- Multiple routes to a token
- Route validation
- Hidden routes found by hashing algorythm
One alternative is to "flip" the challenge around so that the challenge provides a "bot" which will search through a HyperMedia API the individual provides; with variations as stated above.
The stately home Longleat in England has on its ground a large puzzle maze which is the inspiration for the name of this project.