Use the Echonest API to fetch information about tracks on Discogs releases. For dj's / record collectors who want musical/audio analysis metadata about their records and/or cds
Fetch the information for a given record or your entire collection, use it to print out a one sheet with the relevant information.
Disconest comes in two flavors:
Web version - Demo at disconest.com
- Fetches and displays information about a single release at a time.
Command Line version
- ATTN: Due to changes in the export functionality at Discogs and in the Echonest API the command line version is currently broken
- Fetches information from and saves information to an xml file
- Can be used to fetch the data for your entire Discogs collection
- You can run this like so:
>cd CLI >pip install requirements.txt >python disconest.py -x "/full/path/to/discogs-collection.xml" -e "echonest api key"
- be aware that this might take a while as Echonest must be queried for every song on every release.