SheepShear -- A fork of SheepShaver
While SheepShaver provides decent PowerPC emulation on Linux, BeOS, and Windows, it development has been extremely slow in the last 5 plus years.
To ensure a quality MacOS Classic emulator continues on to exist in a functioning state for Linux and Haiku, SheepShear was created as a fork of the SheepShaver codebase
- MacOS X
- MacOS X moved to clang in recent versions. The old qemu dyngen engine we use doesn't play nicely with clang :(
- Windows ?
- Refactor code base, clean up extern functions to classes
- Better GUI
- Better Icons
- Easier to use
- Basilisk II code integrated
- Fork renamed to SheepShear
Frequently asked questions:
SheepShear is based on SheepShaver... What is SheepShaver?
- SheepShaver is an excellent PowerPC emulator found here: http://sheepshaver.cebix.net
- SheepShear is an synonym of SheepShaver just as SheepShaver was an pun of ShapeShifter
Where can I converse in a public place on this fine product?
- IRC irc.freenode.net #sheepshear
How do I compile SheepShear?
- See COMPILE for instructions
I'm getting "Cannot map Low memory Globals: Operation not permitted"
This is due to newer linux kernels preventing non-root applications from mapping lower memory segments (security?) to solve, set the kernel paramater (via sysctl or sysctl.conf)
- Ubuntu / Debian
- apt install libxxf86vm-dev libxxf86dga-dev scons build-essential
SheepShear is licensed as GPLv2 just as SheepShaver.