This is a react app which use Hacker News API to implement a single page Hacker News Client.
Why a new react hacker news client?
There is plenty HackerNews client implemented by React in Github, why we need a new one? The reason is straightforward, this is not a Product, but a demo for best practice on how to use React to develop a web app.
The existing HackerNews implemented by React has some issues:
- The code is obsolete
- Do not have unit test
That's why a new react hacker news is needed.
What features does this react hacker news have?
As state above, this is not a product, but a best practice demo for using React to develop a web app. The feature is not about what the product have, but about what technology we are using to build this simple product.
- Use ES6 for all most all the code, including React Component related code
eslint-config-airbnbas eslint baseline
- Use webpack/babel as build tools, with develop/production separated configs
- Use Mocha/Enzyme/chai as unit test toolset
ghooksto make sure git commit message is well formated according to AngularJS's commit message convention
loglevelto implement a well-designed/modules app log system
- Script to deploy React web app to github pages in a nutshell
- Script to generate change log with single command