- Add new fields:
- Add exception handling and wrapping for GiantBomb API errors (
- For example, exceeding the 400 requests in 15 minutes rate limit
- Allow overriding
- Update RestSharp to 105 (fixes #13)
- Fixes issue with search paging (
API v2 Support
GiantBomb-C# 2.0+ is only compatible with GiantBomb APIv2. Keep using the old packages if you need v1 support, as there are breaking changes in v2!
- Search is now MUCH better in GiantBomb's v2 API, there's little to no need for
SearchAllGamesnow unless you expect/want more than 100 results
- List resources support new
- All single resource requests must use a resource ID, e.g. "game/3030-33394", which GBCS implements transparently for you
- Search results now include platforms
Gamehas two new fields:
Aliases- newline delimited aliases
- You can now use
GetReleasesForGame()to directly retrieve releases for a game in one request
- Using FastJSON to deserialize, which is... fast, obviously
This library aims to wrap the GiantBomb REST API in C# with strongly-typed models and is built on top of RestSharp.
It also helps make your life easier when dealing with searching because it recursively fetches your search results all at once to enable better sorting.
Note: This is not really needed anymore due to search improvements in APIv2
var giantBomb = new GiantBombRestClient(); // Get all search results var results = giantBomb.SearchForAllGames("assassin's creed"); // Display return results.OrderByDescending(g => g.DateAdded)
Download and install the GiantBomb.Api Nuget package:
PM> Install-Package GiantBomb.Api
Read about contributing on the wiki. If you plan to contribute, you must read this.
Read about examples on the wiki.
Dual-licensed on MIT & GPL