This library is designed to provide a framework to execute long-running web requests in, such as search index rebuilds, database backups, etc.
There are three primary components:
- A progress bar that displays task progress
- A "progress status" text that displays the current state of the progress bar in text
- A virtual console window where you can write detailed information about the task. The console auto-scrolls.
- Build Kamsar.WebConsole or add the project to your solution
- Create a new Web Form and change its codebehind to inherit from WebConsolePage
- Implement required abstract methods
- During execution of your Process() method, utilize the status updating methods (SetProgress, SetProgressStatus, and WriteConsole/WriteConsoleLine) to follow what you're doing.
- The page will update status in real-time as your processing runs
- Note: any controls, markup, or content in the .aspx page will be ignored; the console takes over the rendering process. Only the @Page line is needed.
See also the Kamsar.WebConsole.Samples project for an example of implementation.
This library is licensed under the MIT license. Go nuts.