Create tasks by email
You can create tasks directly by sending an email. This feature is available by using plugins.
At the moment, Kanboard is integrated with 3 external services:
These services handle incoming emails without having to configure any SMTP server.
When an email is received, Kanboard receive the message on a specific end-point. All complicated works are already handled by those services.
Incoming emails workflow
- You send an email to a specific address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email is forwarded to the third-party SMTP servers
- The SMTP provider call the Kanboard web hook with the email in JSON or multipart/form-data formats
- Kanboard parses the received email and create the task to the right project
- The Kanboard web hook is protected by a random token
- The sender email address must match a Kanboard user
- The Kanboard user must be a member of the project
- Kanboard is able to convert only simple HTML emails to Markdown
- New tasks are automatically created in the first column
- Refer to the documentation of each plugin for the configuration