Budget Plugin for Kanboard
- Create budget lines
- See expenses based on sub-task time tracking
- Manage user hourly rates
- Frederic Guillot
- License MIT
- Kanboard >= 1.0.37
You have the choice between 3 methods:
- Install the plugin from the Kanboard plugin manager with one click
- Download the zip file and decompress everything under the directory
- Clone this repository into the folder
Note: Plugin folder is case-sensitive.
Budget management is based on the sub-task time tracking, the user timetable and the user hourly rate.
This section is available from project settings page: Project > Budget. There is also a shortcut from the drop-down menu on the board.
Budget lines are used to define a budget for the project. This budget can be adjusted by adding a new entry with an effective date.
Based on the subtask time tracking table and user information you can see the cost of each subtask.
The time spent is rounded to the nearest quarter.
Finally, by combining all information we can generate a graph:
- Expenses represent user costs
- Budget lines are the provisioned budget
- Remaining is the budget left at the given time
Each user can have a pre-defined hourly rate. This feature is used for budget calculation.
To define a new price, go to User profile > Hourly rates.
Each hourly rate can have an effective date and different currencies.