Sendgrid plugin for Kanboard
Use Sendgrid to create tasks directly by email or to send notifications.
- Send emails through Sendgrid API
- Create tasks and attachments from incoming emails
- Frederic Guillot
- License MIT
- Kanboard >= 1.0.40
- Sendgrid API credentials
You have the choice between 3 methods:
- Install the plugin from the Kanboard plugin manager in one click
- Download the zip file and decompress everything under the directory
- Clone this repository into the folder
Note: Plugin folder is case-sensitive.
Use Sendgrid to send emails
To use this feature, you have to create a new API key in Sendgrid web interface which as full access to Mail Send.
The API key must have the permission to send Emails:
The API secret key is visible only one time, do not use the API key ID:
Configuration with the user interface
Set your API credentials on the settings page (Application Settings > Integrations > Sendgrid) and set the mail transport to "sendgrid" (Application Settings > Email Settings).
Configuration with the config file (alternative method)
Define those constants in your
config.php file to send notifications with Sendgrid:
// We choose "sendgrid" as mail transport define('MAIL_TRANSPORT', 'sendgrid'); // Sendgrid password define('SENDGRID_API_KEY', 'YOUR_SENDGRID_API_KEY');
Use Sendgrid to create tasks from emails
This integration works with the Parse API of Sendgrid. Kanboard use a webhook to handle incoming emails.
- Create a new domain or subdomain (by example inbound.mydomain.tld) with a MX record that point to mx.sendgrid.net
- Add your domain and the Kanboard webhook url to the configuration page in Sendgrid
The Kanboard webhook URL is displayed in Settings > Integrations > Sendgrid
- The sender must have the same email address in Kanboard and must be member of the project
- Assign a project email address in Project Edit
- Send an email to your project
- Do not use the API Key ID but the API secret key which is visible only after the API key creation
- Make sure your API key has the permission to send emails (full access on "Mail Send")
- Enable debug mode and check logs
- Add support for Reply-To header
- Use project email address instead of project identifier
- Create task in first active swimlane
- Add email body as task attachment
- Add support for attachments
- Use Sendgrid APIv3 to send emails