Latest information (03.2018): The development has been paused for a few years due to other priorities. It will remain here for historical purposes and for possible future comeback(s).
An alternative Minecraft server in Java.
Rush is a lightweight, from scratch, open source Minecraft server written with latest standards in Java 8 and Netty 5.
The main goals of the project are to provide a lightweight and modern Minecraft server where exact vanilla functionality is not needed or higher performance is desired than the official software can deliver.
Official build server with compiled builds is found here
Credits to Ekranos for setup and host.
Rush is currently compatible with following Minecraft versions.
- 1.7.6 - 1.7.9 (protocol #5)
- 1.7.2 - 1.7.5 (protocol #4)
- 1.8.1 (high priority)
- 1.2.5 (fork maybe?)
- beta1.7.3 (fork maybe?)
Rush can be easily built with Maven. In Eclipse, import as Existing Maven Project and locate the pom.xml. Recommended compile goal is "clean install". Compiled files are located inside the Rush/server/target and Rush/api/target folders.
Running Rush is simple because its dependencies are shaded into the output
jar at compile time. Simply execute
java -jar craftrush.jar along with any
extra JVM options desired.
Rush uses JLine for console input and colored console output.
Please note that the API is NOT compatible with the Bukkit API and is in early development.
- The Minecraft Coalition - protocol and file formats research.
- Trustin Lee - author of the Netty library.
- Graham Edgecombe - author of the original Lightstone - I learned a lot from that server.
- Glowstone - for making an awesome open source Minecraft server in java.
- Notch and all the other people at Mojang - for making such an awesome game in the first place!