A frontend for ffmpeg(libav) using only pipes, to encode/decode/convert videos by each frame, not under GPL, but under BSD license.
- To get ffmpeg's infomation (versions,codecs,formats,pix_fmts,...)
- To decode frames from a video
- To encode a video within posting frames in Python
You can install and test pipeffmpeg as follows:
- download ffmpeg(libav) binary or source and build that (not necessary as shared-library).
- set bin/ffmpeg or ffmpeg.exe(under Windows) into PATH environment
- download pipeffmpeg.py into your current directory or site-packages
pipeffmpeg (currently version 0.1.1) is also available at PyPI
pip install pipeffmpeg
Please report issues as well as configuration details for your working PipeFFmpeg installations at email@example.com
Thus, your feedback is welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org.