Flight Logging App for Freeflight Pilots
This app is designed for hang gliding and paragliding pilots who want to keep records of their flights.
koifly.com - Live app
- Keep a log of your flights
- Store information about your flying spots (sites)
- See a nice map view of your sites
- Check pilot statistics: your number of flights, total airtime and more
- Access from anywhere, on any smartphone or computer
- Data export/import
- GPS uploading
- More fields, more statistics
- Offline app
- Node.js, Hapi.js, Webpack, Babel, React, React-router
- Mocha, Chai, Sinon, jsDOM test setup
Hosting your own Koifly
git clonethis project
npm installto download dependencies
cp -i src/secrets-sample.js src/secrets.js, then add your database credentials etc. to this file.
- Create MySQL database, then run
npm run init_dbto create DB tables (note: this requires all previous steps to be done)
Run in Development Mode:
npm run devto start Hapi application server
npm run webpackin another terminal session to start webpack dev server
- Keep these terminal sessions open while developing. Hot Module Reloading will pick up your code changes and reload your app.
- You might need to manually restart the webpack process if you make changes to webpack configuration.
Simple Production Setup:
npm install -g forever(once)
npm run buildto generate frontend asset bundles (whenever you push new frontend code)
npm run forever_startto start up application server