This is PSGI, Perl Web Server Gateway Interface -- ala Python's WSGI and Ruby's Rack.
- Plack contains server side implementations such as CGI, FastCGI, mod_perl and perl-based web servers like HTTP::Server::Simple, AnyEvent, FastCGI::EV and Mojo.
- nginx with Yappo's patches can run a PSGI application on Perl embedded in the nginx web server.
Following web servers are planned to be supported, or authors are in contact to support PSGI:
Supported Web Application Frameworks
- Catalyst with Catalyst::Engine::PSGI.
- Squatting with Squatting::On::PSGI
- HTTP::Engine with HTTP::Engine::Interface::PSGI
- CGI::Application with CGI::Application::PSGI
- CGI::PSGI is a CGI.pm subclass that runs under PSGI environments
- Arbitrary plain CGI scripts can be run as a PSGI application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI emulation layer.