A wrapper plugin for safetynet API on Play Enabled devices. This plugin extends attestation and app verification methods. Google Play Service are required on device. At the time of writing , I am targeting Play Service 15.0.1 in gradle.
cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-android-safetynet
ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-android-safetynet
Safety Net URL & some links
Steps for Attestation
- Obtain API key from Google APIs console. The name of the API is "Android Device Verification". It has to be enabled and API_Key is needed.
- Generate a nonce server side: This a unique token which should be generated server side. Google recommends atleast 16 byte long token.
- Invoke the cordova method
- Get the result from success callback. Send it to the server
- Send trhe sesult to android check to verify the payload server side.
- After extract the result. Compare the values and base your logic from the result.
Syntax for Attestation
You will need API key from Google APIs Console for initiating attestation.
A nonce security token from server side, is also required.
window.safetynet.attest(nonce ,API_Key ,successCallback ,errorCallback);
A JWS string is sent back as success. This is the same data obtained from getJwsResult(). This data should be again cross verified with google.
Syntax for Verify Apps API
Three methods are available for the SafetyNet Verify Apps API.
Check Verify App is Enabled:
This method allows a check for Verify App(Play Protect). The result is a boolean in successcallback.
Enable App Verification
This method allows you to enable App Verfication. A dialog is invoked to If the verification is already enabled , the successCallback returns true. successCallback is a boolean. It represnts the state of App verification.
List Harmful Apps
This method lists harmful apps installed in a device. App verification/Play Protect is required to be enabled to process the request. The result is an array of objects in successCallback.
Post the issues related to this library here . Do provide the device details as below.
- Device name & manufacturer
- Android version
- Custom OS version (Lineage , MIUI , Exodus, DU)