NSOutputStream's API for use to generate SHA1 digests.
Also provides convenience methods for:
- Directly hashing a lump of data:
- Hashing the contents of a URL, even a remote one:
- Converting a digest into a hexadecimal string representation:
Questions about the code should be left as issues at https://github.com/karelia/KSCrypto or message me on Twitter.
CommonCrypto (and Foundation, obviously).
Copyright 2011-2012 Karelia Software. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MIKE ABDULLAH OR KARELIA SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
KSSHA1Stream.mto your project. Ideally, make this repo a submodule, but hey, it's your codebase, do whatever you feel like.
- Link against
To hash a stream of data:
[[KSSHA1Stream alloc] init]
-write:maxLength:as your data arrives.
KSSHA1Streampromises to always process all bytes passed to it
-closeon the stream
- Retrieve the result using the