This application updates the Egyptian mobile numbers in your BlackBerry contacts to reflect the new changes in mobile numbers that were issued by the Egyptian National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (NTRA). For more details: http://www.tra.gov.eg/english/news_newsdetails.asp?ID=186
- Works with BlackBerry OS 5 and higher.
- Displays a list of contacts' names and numbers for only the numbers that are eligible for the new changes.
- Highlights, in red, what will change in each number, so that you can verify before applying the changes.
- Detects eligible Egyptian mobile numbers regardless of the format you wrote them in (e.g. it will detect 01xxxxxxxx, 00201xxxxxxxx and +201xxxxxxxx)
- Already updated numbers will be ignored.
- Uses regular expressions to accurately detect only the numbers that are eligible for changes.
- It's free of charge.
How to use:
- Download (http://bit.ly/ntrabb) and install the program from your phone's browser.
- Run the application. You will probably find it under Downloads, called 'NTRA is Shortsighted'.
- Answer with Yes when asked to grant the application trusted application permissions.
- It will automatically detect and display a list of contacts' names and numbers with mobile numbers eligible for the new changes.
- New changes will be highlighted in red in the list to show you what will change, before the changes are applied, so that you can verify that they are correct.
- Click update numbers to apply the changes or exit to close the application without applying them.
This is a quick and dirty app that I developed mainly for myself. It was tested and has worked successfully on a Torch 9800 and Curve 9300. However, use it at your own risk. I neither guarantee anything nor am I responsible for anything that might go wrong.