Retro Gaming Zone
Retro Gaming Zone was born out of a course requirement and my love for old school video games/consoles. My personal collection of old school consoles includes an Intellivision II, Atari 2600 and 7800, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, and Playstation I & II.
Sometimes I come across cheap console games for old systems, and figured it would be awesome to have a place to keep track of my collection and items on my wishlist. So I created this site.
- User registration / authentication system
- User dashboard complete with collection and wishlist functionality
- Gamification feature: leaderboard for who has the most items in their collection
- Game and console database complete with cover art
This was my first Object Oriented PHP application. It was my first time for a lot of stuff. That said: the code SUCKS. I mean it's really, really bad. Needs a full rewrite. So please don't judge me by this. This is public on github as a means to show how far I've come and how much I continue to grow.
This project was built using the SimpleMVC (Now known as Nova) PHP Framework
- Full rewrite of the codebase, moving away from Simple MVC/Nova Framework to something (anything) else
- Add more consoles and games
- Add more themes that look like retro consoles the way the current theme looks like the old Atari 2600
- Reduce the number of frameworks/libraries. Simplify the codebase.
- Object Oriented PHP
Frameworks / Libraries Used
- Foundation CSS
- Font Awesome icons
- jQuery UI
- Google reCaptcha
- Google Fonts
- Basically a lot of crap I did NOT need but was a requirement for the project at the time (as this was a midterm and final project for a college PHP course)