Naam Tamilar Anti Corruption Call Center - Agni Siragugal
GSM modem module for Python
python-gsmmodem is a module that allows easy control of a GSM modem attached to the system. It also includes a couple of useful commandline utilities for interacting with a GSM modem.
Its features include:
- simple methods for sending SMS messages, checking signal level, etc
- easy-to-use API for starting and responding to USSD sessions and making voice calls
- handling incoming phone calls and received SMS messages via callback methods
- support for SMS PDU and text mode
- support for tracking SMS status reports
- wraps AT command errors into Python exceptions by default
- modular design; you easily issue your own AT commands to the modem (with error checking), or read/write directly from/to the modem if you prefer
- comprehensive test suite
- GSMTerm: an easy-to-use serial terminal for communicating with an attached GSM modem. It features command completion, built-in help for many AT commands, history, context-aware prompt, etc.
- sendsms.py: a simple command line script to send SMS messages
- identify-modem.py: simple utility to identify attached modem. Can also be used to provide debug information used for development of python-gsmmodem.
- Python 2.6 or later
How to install this package
There are two ways to install
:: pip install python-gsmmodem `pip <http://www.pip-installer.org>`_ will automatically download and install all dependencies, as required. You can also utilise ``easy_install`` in the same manner as using ``pip`` above. If you are utilising ``python-gsmmodem`` as part of another project, add it to your ``install_requires`` section of your ``setup.py`` file and upon your project's installation, it will be pulled in automatically. Manual installation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Download and extract the ``python-gsmmodem`` archive from `PyPI <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-gsmmodem>`_ for the current release version, or clone from `GitHub <https://github.com/faucamp/python-gsmmodem>`_. Next, do this:: python setup.py install Note that ``python-gsmmodem`` relies on ``pyserial`` for serial communications: http://pyserial.sourceforge.net Testing the package ------------------- .. |Build Status| image:: https://travis-ci.org/faucamp/python-gsmmodem.png?branch=master .. _Build Status: https://travis-ci.org/faucamp/python-gsmmodem .. |Coverage Status| image:: https://coveralls.io/repos/faucamp/python-gsmmodem/badge.png?branch=master .. _Coverage Status: https://coveralls.io/r/faucamp/python-gsmmodem |Build Status|_ |Coverage Status|_ To run all unit tests, do:: python setup.py test Unit test code coverage information may be generated by using `coverage <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/coverage/>`_. You can execute it directly from setup.py by doing:: python setup.py coverage This will run all unit tests and report on code coverage statistics. License information ------------------- Copyright (C) 2017 Alagappan Karthikeyan - meatkarthik.sg See AUTHORS for all authors and contact information. License: GNU Lesser General Public License, version 3 or later; see COPYING included in this archive for details.