Silent Boss is a light-weight and powerful PHP library focused on providing flexible functionality with minimal code.
Among various improvements to the MVC system, Silent Boss now provides a(n):
- URL routing mechanism
- Active record database class
- Library to manage PHP sessions
- Form helper and accompanying validator to streamline the creation of HTML forms
- Loader class to manage the usage of views, models, libraries, and helpers
Rather than being a full-fledged CMS, Silent Boss has now changed direction and will be a PHP library.
As of version 0.1, Silent Boss uses the Model-View-Controller architecture to make it easy to add, remove, and update pages. Controllers, views, and models may be found in the boss directory.
Other additions include:
- .htaccess to map all requests to index.php
- A config.php file in the root to set basic configuration values
- A default, minimalist theme
Planned future updates are:
- An administrator dashboard to streamline the addition of pages via markdown.
- A form builder to help create and validate forms without the normal hassle.
- More features that have yet to be decided upon
Documentation for silent boss is currently not available. It will be present
after a significant amount of development has been completed. Even so, the
system acts in a predictable MVC manner. Simply add in a controller with
methods to define new pages. To load views, models, and helpers, use the
loadHelper functions. Feel free to look around
the code for an in-depth introduction. And, of course, contributions are always
welcome (see todo.txt).