MIPS Single Cycle Processor
Implementation of MIPS Single Cycle Processor using VHDL
MIPS Single Cycle Processor is most basic version of Processor.
Important Specifications of this implementation of Processor
- 65536x32 bit Instruction Register
- 32x16 bit RegisterFiles
- 65536x16 bit Data Memory
- 16 bit Address and Data length
- 32 bit Instruction Length
- Basic Instructions includes:
- ADD, SUB, AND, OR, SLT, ADDI
- LW, SW
- BEQ, JUMP
- PRREG, PRMEM
Documentation\Documentation.pdffor more information.
Some of main features of this code:
- All basic components are made using Behavioral Architecture and Merged using Structural Architecture in
- A Documentation will be provided soon for available Instructions and their formats, available registers and Memory etc. Currently,
Scripts/is included as an example. Comment part contains a program which can be written using Python Program. Python Program will automatically generate the Modelsim script file.
- A Python Program to make script which will initialize IR in ModelSim. It will take a simple instructions as Input. This output script can be run in ModelSim to get Simulation of Processor.
- ModelSim (Code is sucessfully tested on Student Edition)
- Python 2.7 (Just to convert Mnemonics of Instructions to Hexadecimal Instruction which will be used in ModelSim)
- Xilinx WebPack Design Software(Optional)
- Clone this Repository on your local machine (Or download ZIP file and extract it's content)
src/folder contains Source files of the Code. Open
MIPS_Single_Cycle.iseusing Xilinx. All VHDL Files are available here.
- Open ModelSim and change current directory to
do <filename>.fdoto add Intructions in IR.
<filename>.fdocan be made using Python Programs available in base folder.