Laptop is a set of scripts to get your laptop set up as a development machine.
First, install Ubuntu.
Then, install Curl
sudo apt-get install curl -y
and finally run this one-liner:
bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/karuna/laptop/master/ubuntu)
What it sets up
- SSH public keys (for authenticating with services like Github and Heroku)
- Ack (for finding things in files)
- Update system packages
- Ask you to use mirror from Indonesia or not
- Required packages for compiling ruby, rmagick, passenger
- Subversion and git for source code versioning
- Postgres (for storing relational data)
- MySQL (for storing relational data)
- Apache web server
- PHP (ugh yeah I know)
- Redis (for storing key-value data)
- Memcached (for storing key-value data)
- Node js (for therubyracer)
- ImageMagick (for cropping and resizing images)
- RVM (for managing versions of the Ruby programming language)
- Java runtime (Oracle Java or OpenJDK)
It should take about 30 minutes for everything to install, depending on your machine and connection speed.
All submissions are welcome. To submit a change, fork this repo, commit your changes, and send us a pull request.