Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the TMB Wiki
TMB (Template Model Builder) is an R package for fitting statistical latent variable models to data. It is strongly inspired by ADMB. Unlike most other R packages the model is formulated in C++. This provides great flexibility, but requires some familiarity with the C/C++ programming language.
- TMB can calculate first and second order derivatives of the likelihood function by AD, or any objective function written in C++.
- The objective function (and its derivatives) can be called from R. Hence, parameter estimation via e.g.
- The user can specify that the Laplace approximation should be applied to any subset of the function arguments.
- Yields marginal likelihood in latent variable model.
- Standard deviations of any parameter, or derived parameter, obtained by the 'delta method'.
- Pre and post-processing of data done in R.
- TMB is based on state-of-the art software: CppAD, Eigen, ...
- A beginner's template listing some common functions and specifications can be seen at template.cpp
- The "Application Programmers Interface" of TMB is at function reference
Links to other wikipages
- User contributed C++ code
- Windows installation notes
Links to related tools
- Python Model Builder PyMB